Genealogy and Science
Genealogy and biology are two of my biggest passions. On this page you will find links to my genealogy research, genealogy projects that I maintain, and to my biology research. Feel free to contact me () with any comments, questions, or information!
- King and O'Donnell Families of Ireland and Minnesota - My research on my King and O'Donnell lines, beginning with my 2nd-great grandparents, Bartley and Anne (Ridge) O'Donnell and John and Mary (Green) King, all of Carna Parish, Co. Galway, Ireland. Both families settled in St. Paul, Ramsey Co., Minnesota.
- O'Donnells of Carna Parish, Co. Galway, Ireland - Extractions of O'Donnell surnames from the Marriage and Baptismal records of Carna Parish in Co. Galway. Transcribed during my trip to Ireland in July, 2000.
- Descendants of John McAfee, Sr. - My research on my McAfee line, beginning with my 8th-great-grandfather, John McAfee Sr., of Scotland and Co. Armagh, Ireland. The McAfees came to the United States in the early 1740s, and were prominent settlers in Mercer Co., Kentucky, beginning in the 1770s. (Updated 11 Jul 2011)
- The Works of Robert B. McAfee - Robert B. McAfee, one of the more famous McAfee relations, was not only a politician and historian, but also a prolific writer. Here are transcriptions of his biography of the McAfee family, a history of New Providence Presbyterian Church in Mercer Co., KY, and his journal from the War of 1812.
- Cowlitz Co., WA GenWeb Project - This site is part of the US GenWeb Project. I started the page in February, 1997, and it has grown into substantial collection of queries, family lines and data submitted by Cowlitz Co. researchers.
- Lewis Co., WA GenWeb Project - This site is part of the US GenWeb Project. I started the page in December, 1996, and it has grown into substantial collection of queries, family lines and data submitted by Lewis Co. researchers.
- OR Biographies Project - This site is part of the US Biographies Project, with the aim of transcribing biographies of Oregon residents from old histories and biographies published before 1924. I took over this project in 2000 from the orginal site coordinator.
- WA Biographies Project - This site is part of the US Biographies Project, with the aim of transcribing biographies of Washington residents from old histories and biographies published before 1924. I began this project in 1998.
Biology Research and Education
- Teaching & Research - this site provides information on my teaching and research interests at Seattle Pacific University, where I am Assistant Professor of Biology.
- Caenorhabditis elegans Resources - a list of resourcesw and tips for educators interested in using the nematode C. elegans in the classroom. I developed this site while a graduate student in Jim Priess's lab at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA.