Sharlynn Gates contributed the following photo. Any questions/comments about these items should be directed to Sharlynn.
This photo is of the fire lookout cabin on Baw Faw Peak circa 1919. Boistfort was called Baw Faw Prairie before the current name Boistfort. The French word Boisfort, pronounced something like Baw Faw means a small valley surrounded by green hills. This describes the area at the time the first white settlers arrived in the spring of 1852. The fire lookout cabin was later replaced by a tower. Now aircraft are used for surveillance of fires.