The Snows and allied families were a large part of the Ainslie and Winlock-area communities in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Several researchers have contributed information and photographs on these families to the Lewis Co. GenWeb site. This page provides a common jumping-off point for each of those pages, and includes information contributed by Donald Olson and Jeanne Ostnes.
The Snows who settled in Ainslie and Winlock were the descendants of James Snow and Cassia Case. Their children were:
- Susan. 12 Jan 1828 - 2 Mar 1900
- Charlotta (Charity). 9 Feb 1832 - ?
- Mary. about 1833 - ?
- Diena Jane. about 1836 - 1899
- Sarah. Dec 1837 - 16 July 1900
- Thomas. 25 Apr 1840 - 18 June 1910
- Joseph. 21 Jan 1843 - 25 May 1910
- Matilda 19 July 1845 - 30 Nov 1926
- Sarah Snow (the 5th child) was the great-grandmother of Donald Olson. She married John Morgan, and had one daughter - Isabelle Amonda (Belle). She is buried at Snow Cemetery. For more information on Sarah, see Don Olson's page. She is also enumerated in the 1910 Ainslie Census.
- Thomas Snow (the 6th child) married Mary E. Morgan, sister of John Morgan. They are enumerated in the 1910 Ainslie Census. They are also buried at Snow Cemetery. A picture of Thomas and Mary, with their children, is posted on Don Olson's page.
- Joseph Snow (the 7th child) married Margaret Elizabeth Laymance (or LaMance). They are enumerated in the 1910 Winlock Census. They are also buried at Snow Cemetery. A picture of Joseph and Margaret is posted on Don Olson's page. Joseph and Margaret had 8 children, including:
- Sarah Emmaline Snow, who married Walter (Tommy) Toy. Sarah and Walter were the great-grandparents of Jeanne Ostnes. Sarah and Walter were enumerated in the 1910 Winlock Census. For more information on Sarah and Walter, see Jeanne's page.
- Caroline Elizabeth Snow, who married Elijah Carns. Caroline Elizabeth and Elijah were the great-grandparents of Kathy Johnson. They were enumerated in the 1910 Winlock Census. A picture of Caroline Elizabeth and her daughters is posted on Don Olson's page.
- Isaac Thomas Snow
- James W. Snow
- John Houston Snow
- Rufus Jasper Snow
- Nora Alice Snow, who married William Allen. Nora and William were the great-grandparents of Dianne Bird.